*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Thursday, April 23, 2009

D.C. or bust!

We went to Washington D.C. the weekend before last. It was AWESOME! Here are some of the pictures from our trip (in no specific order).
Recognize this guy? I have to say even though it was really crowded (Easter weekend and the end of the cherry blossom festival) seeing the monuments was one of my favorite parts of the trip. We went to a couple of museums and I didn't really enjoy those at all. They were so crowded that you couldn't really see anything.





The Jefferson Monument. We didn't get up close to this one, just saw it from across the pond.


The Washington Monument (and some of the cherry blossoms).


Gracie LOVING the hotel! She asks me just about every day now if we can go to another hotel. She loved the pool and the "TV with cartoons on it all the time!"


David in the pool with the kids. They thought this was better than anything we saw in Washington DC. Unfortunately, Sammy threw up... in the pool... just a few minutes later. Yes, I am THAT parent. The one whose child throws up in the pool and makes it so no one can swim. GROSS!




The fam!


The flag pole. Who knew it was also a climbing toy?


The Capital from the middle of the street. We stopped right in the middle to take pictures.


Sammy's preferred place to ride.

Gracie at the aquarium.


Don't you think David and his brothers have good jeans? I mean genes. Having David's brothers and their families there with us made the vacation so much more fun!

Sammy looking at the turtle in the aquarium. He LOVED the turtle!


The White House where David's best pal lives.


The other (and better) White House. The DC temple is absolutely beautiful! This was my most favoritest part of the trip!


Sammy on the temple grounds.


When we first drove into DC it was dark and as we were driving down the freeway all of a sudden the temple spires were there in front of us, beautiful and white in the dark sky! The Spirit that I felt just looking at that beautiful building sent tingles down my arms. It was so amazing! It was a great trip and we had so much fun. I can't wait for the next family vacation!

9 comments:

Alesha said...

First off I like your background, cute! Second, I love DC. It is such a cool place to be, and especially this time of year! Too bad Sammy threw up in the pool, opps!

Connie said...

Isn't that the best, seeing that temple just pop out of the trees from the freeway? You got some gorgeous pictures of your trip. And props to you for braving a crowded D.C. with your kids in tow! You are braver and much more organized than I am.

David said...

My best pal? Just because I was the ONLY one of the whole family to vote for him doesn't mean he's my best pal.

Julie said...

Ha ha, love you babe!

jolyne77 said...

LOVE the pics!! You really DID do DC, didn't you? Right on. Looks like it was a ton of fun. oh and I LOVE the turtle pic!!!!

Shonna said...

Wow! What a fun vacation. Poor Sammy getting sick in the pool-that's awful. You or whomever is a very good photographer. I loved seeing all the cherry blossoms.

Cicely said...

Cute! We want to go so bad.

Oh, and by "David's best pal"- I'm assuming you meant the Obama's new dog.? :)

David said...

No, he came the next week.

Kelli said...

What beautiful pictures! I really loved the family one, you have a gorgeous family!